Tuesday, March 17, 2009

THE PATH: Vacation From Hell?

MY WHISPER: I am comfortable and confident enough to say that I have changed – from junior high to high school, from high school to college, from college to the real world, and so on and so on. That’s why I thought this narrative I wrote on a family vacation to Colorado was so perfect to share. What makes us change? What calls us to action? What forces us to alter our mind set? For me, I went from “ugly” to appreciative in two days and 800 miles. Even though I lacked a relationship with God at this time in my life, it’s obvious he was talking to my twisted and angry adolescent soul. My favorite part of this passage is when I actually admit that I’m being a pain in the butt. I’m sure that didn’t happen too often. (NOTE: I retyped excerpts from my handwritten narrative. The scanned pages were hard to read, but I also HAD to clean up some of the garble – e.g. poor English, misspelled words, etc.)


(click to enlarge)

No comments: